The Digital Medicine Project Manager is primarily responsible for executing the strategy and business operations necessary to implement and execute Digital Medicine projects. Digital Medicine strives to develop and validate novel digital, dynamic, remote monitoring solutions to enable quantification of disease state and impact of treatment on quality of life (QoL). This is a first of its kind and industry-leading mobile/digital technology initiative. As a key member of a cross-functional matrixed team including clinicians, engineers, scientists and business colleagues, the project manager will be accountable for leading the day-to-day operations of the project, managing the budget, timelines and deliverables, and interacting with additional internal stakeholders such as business development, procurement, and legal colleagues, as well as external vendors. The position requires experience and knowledge in the areas of healthcare and/or devices development, as well as onsite location in Cambridge, MA.
- Support the strategic and operational efforts of the Digital Medicine projects group and lab
- Contribute to creating and maintaining the statement of work (SOW) throughout the project.
- Effectively facilitate logistics of team meetings.
- Ensure that the team achieves milestones on time, and on budget.
- Participate in hiring process of future team members.
- Play a key role in managing logistics related to clinical studies, including overseeing drafting of protocols, IRB approval process, contracting with external partners, and execution of study.
- Contribute to design and execution of a communication strategy, including publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Support the strategic and operational efforts of Digital Medicine.
- Ensure proper documentation, organization and tracking of all material and date related to project for easy access, retrieval, audit, publications and presentations.
- Represent the team at business venues and meeting, conferences, interactions with external and internal stakeholders.
- BS / MS / MBA with 5+ years project management experience
- Formal training or certification in Project Management methodologies and approaches.
- Understanding of the biopharmaceutical environment and the drug development process.
- Proven track record of success in operationalizing and executing strategic initiatives.
- MS / PhD in Scientific Discipline with specific experience managing pharmaceutical/technical/medical devices projects and/or clinical programs strongly preferred.
- Experience utilizing project management software programs such as MS Project, Confluence, Jira, etc.
- Experience managing business plans, budgets and timelines.
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, demonstrating a “can do” attitude and relentless focus to find solution space and deliver success, working on tight timelines and defined budget.
Additional Offer Details:
- Last Date to Apply: July 25, 2018
- Additional Location Information: Cambridge, MA (Kendall Square)
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: Yes
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.