Procurement Specialist / Financial Management Support
Assignment: 1 year with the potential to extend
Temporary Procurement Specialist / Financial Management Support
The Temporary Procurement Specialist / Financial Management Support position within the Data, Technology and Engineering Program Management Office reports directly to the Vice President, Technology Program Management. The role will have responsibilities in two areas:
- Processing, tracking and managing all DTE contracts and purchase orders and acting as liaison
- Financial Management Support
Exceptional organizational and time management skills are a must, along with a professional, warm, polite manner, plus a basic understanding of financial management and willingness to handle multiple workstreams.
The role will regularly function as a liaison to ensure meaningful and accurate collaboration, facilitate communication with stakeholders, and maintain visibility of strategic planning process and effective implementation, as well as to coordinate resources across multiple departments in strategic planning efforts. This role will assist with leadership, organizational, financial, and change communications by working closely with the Vice President.
A successful candidate will have an eagerness to learn what is involved as it relates to technology, contracts and finances within the biopharmaceutical industry. This position will help the PMO track budgets, streamline contract agreement communications and prepare and publish financial reports on an as needed basis. Previous experience is beneficial but not required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Communication and Organizational Skills
- Process requisitions and steer contracts through the contracting tool and legal process, then the purchasing process, monitor progress and maintain spreadsheets of commitments and spend; handle any needed increases, change orders, or issues
- Exceptional project workflow and time management skills with a proclivity for successfully navigating and prioritizing multiple requests and deadlines, as well as strong follow-up skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly and succinctly express ideas and maintain cooperative relationships across functions
- Professional demeanor and ability to engage with senior executives, stakeholders, and other business partners, and effectively coordinate responses for on-time deliverables
- Accurately track and forecast financials and provide business sponsor and stakeholder transparency with timely reporting
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to assimilate and analyze data, plus maintain attention on detail and a high level of accuracy
- Participate in team alignment calls and strategy discussions to clarify scope of work, gain insights into the business opportunity, understand key messages/differentiators and develop win themes
- Collaborate closely with key internal stakeholders to obtain alignment on plans and strategies
- Understanding of the principles of finance and cost benefit analysis
- Demonstrate a drive to learn new technologies
- Exemplify strong interpersonal skills, professional demeanor, and the natural ability to lead and confidently interact with all staff levels, peers and colleagues across the Technology organization and with any key business clients
- Team player, able to work both collaboratively, yet self-motivated and self-managed, with an ownership mentality and positive attitude
- Effective at prioritizing multiple, competing, high priority tasks
- Ability to take the initiative to resolve issues independently or to seek guidance when needed
- Communicate status, risk and issues in a timely manner and escalate issues in a manner that is effective and direct
Basic Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience or interest in Biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, or healthcare
- Experience using multiple communication platforms and proficient with Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced, professional environment
- Nice to have: Proficiency in Oracle's procurement module and OBIEE reporting
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Visit to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.