Calling all 2020 - 2022 Graduates! We are on the lookout for great people!
We are looking for bright, articulate, outgoing, responsible, motivated people to join our expanding operations team!
IRBNet, part of WCG, is the most widely-used research and compliance solution in the industry. Our dynamic team at the Cambridge Innovation Center works closely with hundreds of hospitals, universities, federal and state agencies as they use our web-based software solution to streamline research and ensure ethical treatment of human subjects in clinical trials.
As a Support Team Member Intern, you are responsible for assisting our members to enroll, train and launch new hospital and university members on our easy-to-use software solution. Other activities include marketing, support for conference exhibitions, client communication, and new member development to name a few. You are able to sharpen your project management skills and get a deep dive into university and hospital research teams while working in a dynamic internet company.
To be considered for U.S.-based positions unless currently employed by WCG, where permitted by applicable law (including any applicable reasonable accommodation, medical or religious exemption), candidates must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by start date.
What you will be doing:
What we are looking for in a successful team member:
- Provide excellent customer service to our member institutions
- Enroll and train new member institutions on our research compliance system
- Manage new member satisfaction by checking in and ensuring an excellent experience
- Handle and triage member inquiries via email and phone in a timely manner
- Create and update member-facing documentation for user training and outreach
- Participate in multiple project teams, holding diverse roles and responsibilities
Why we love working at IRBNet:
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills to relate to our members and internal team
- Experience with marketing, creating websites, graphic design
- Experience in teaching adults in non-educational settings
- Ability to work independently while being part of a dynamic team
- Driven by curiosity and willingness to learn and take feedback
- Demonstrated team player who is self-initiated to take on different roles/responsibilities and can work well in groups of any size
- Ability to problem solve and help identify ways to continuously improve processes to exceed customer needs
- Project Management and research administration experience is advantageous
- Individuals with Bachelor's degrees who are looking to learn new skills and experience that span a wide variety of disciplines
- You have opportunities to learn a diverse set of skills including customer service, project management, data analysis, product developing, coding and team leadership
- You will gain training and experience in writing web based applications using industry standard tools and programming languages
- You will build professional relationships with clients and have a sense of fulfillment knowing you assisted in the process of maintaining ethical standards in the review of new treatments for patients
- Exciting launch to your career in Cambridge, MA, the cradle of early stage entrepreneurial technology ventures.
- Work in a fun, lively work environment at the Cambridge Innovation Center, steps away from the red line in the heart of Kendall Square. We offer access to an open kitchen, networking opportunities, training, social events and more!
WCG is proud to be an equal opportunity employer – Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.