Overview To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Perioperative Services May Include A Combination Of Several Of The Following Departments: Operating Room, Post Anesthesia Care Unit, Ambulatory Surgery Unit, Endoscopy, Minor Treatment Unit, Pequot Surgery Center And Central Services. The Patient Care Manager Is Responsible For The Planning, Development, Facilitation And Coordination Of All Department Activities. Provides Leadership, Support And Resources. Ensures Department Complies With Appropriate Joint Commission Regulations And Guidelines. Responsible For Hiring Qualified Staff, Ensure Appropriate Training Is Provided, And Evaluates Staff Annually. Responsible For Ensuring Quality Patient Care Services Are Provided In The Department.
- 1. Responsible For The Over All Operation Of The Department(S), Including Allocating And Maintaining Adequate Staffing For Optimal Productivity.
- 2. Establish Departmental Goals And Objectives.
- 3. Responsible For Initial And Ongoing Assessment Of Patient Care Needs Through Patient Care Rounds And Communication With Physicians And Members Of The Interdisciplinary Team To Meet Identified Needs.
- 4. Prepares Annual Capital, Salary And Non-Salary Budgets And Volume Projections; Monitors Monthly Budget Variances To Ensure Sound Financial Management.
- 5. Works With Case Manager To Facilitate Patients? Progression Through The Continuum Of Care And Provides Appropriate Interventions
- 6. Provides Accurate And Consistent Interpretation And Application Of Human Resource Policies And Any Appropriate Union Contracts.
- 7. Ensures All Safety Procedures Are Followed.
- 8. Monitors And Documents Personnel Performance Issues, Attendance, Competencies, Safety Compliance, And Certification Status. Coaches, Counsels, And Initiates/Documents The Disciplinary Process As Needed.
- 9. Must Complete 95% Of Annual Performance Reviews On Time (Within 30 Days Of Due Date).
- 10. Consistently Manage All Activities So That Quality Services Are Provided In An Efficient And Cost Effective Manner.
- 11. Maintain A Working Knowledge Of All Necessary State Federal And Local Regulations That Impact The Departments? Operations (E.G. Tjc, Aami, Fda, Osha, Dph And Other Applicable Regulatory And/Or Accrediting Agencies).
- 12. Demonstrates Clinical Competence And The Ability To Provide Direct Patient Care In Order To Assist As Needed On The Unit.
- 13. Develops Department Policy/Procedure/Protocols And Standards Of Practice; Reviews/Revises Annually And As Needed. Works With Coordinators And Supervisors To Develop And Implement Quality Improvement Initiatives
- 14. Ensure That Safety Procedures Are Followed.
- 15. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
Bachelor's Degree In Nursing Required Or In Progress. Master's Degree In Nursing Preferred.
Must Have (5) Years Of Perioperative Experience In An Acute Care Setting. With A Sound Understanding Of Nursing Practices In The Area Of Supervision.
Current Connecticut Registered Nurse License. Excellent Organizational And Communication. Must Have Ability To Prioritize, Multi Task And Deal With Conflict In A Professional Manner. BLS Required.
Demonstrates Effective Leadership Skills
Lane Construction offers a comprehensive benefits package with an excellent opportunity to grow and be part of one of the most respected names in the construction industry. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.