Overview To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Provides nursing care to school students and faculty while promoting optimal level of wellness. The School Nurse is directly responsible to the Supervisor of School Nursing. QUALIFICATION B.S.N. (preferred) or R.N. and one year full time working experience as a registered nurse within the past 5 years. Academic requirements as stated in the Connecticut Education Regulations Sec.10-212-2. C.P.R. certification. School nurse certification preferred.
- 1. Participates in the planning, evaluation, and promotion of the school health program (health services, health education, school environment).
- 2. Plans for health care, emergency protocols, and transportation and classroom adaptations for students with special health care needs.
- 3. Plans course of action to be taken in elimination or minimizing health problems that interfere with effective learning.
- 4. Demonstrates a distinct clinical knowledge base for decision making in nursing practice.
- 5. Establishes a documentation system for continuity and accounting ability of the program.
- 6. Assumes the primary responsibility of determining if students meet state health examinations and immunization requirements.
- 7. Uses a systematic problem-solving approach to assess the student health status, make a nursing diagnosis, plan appropriate intervention, anticipate expected outcomes, and evaluate results.
- 8. Provides for first aid and emergency care.
- 9. Provides health services that promote, improve, and maintain the well being of all students and school personnel.
- 10. Provides, plans, and reevaluates school health services for students with special needs.
- 11. Fosters, consults, and acts as a resource person to the staff for the total health education program.
- 12. Counsels students, parents, and school personnel regarding health problems.
- 13. Coordinates, with other professionals, the assessment, planning, implementing, and evaluation of all school health activities.
- 14. Delegates selected nursing tasks when determined safe and appropriate.
- 15. Acts as a liaison among parents, school staff, and community agencies.
- 16. Assumes responsibility to participate in at least 12 hours of education per year.
- 17. Models appropriate professional appearance and behavior.
- 18. Projects a positive attitude and enthusiasm about agency mission, philosophy, and policies.
Medium to heavy work. Constant handling of under 10 pounds to occasional handling of 70 pounds. Standing, walking and handling are performed on a constant basis. Sitting, carrying, bending lifting/lowering, pushing/pulling with whole body and with arms are performed on a frequent basis. Squatting/kneeling, twisting, and reaching are performed on an occasional basis. The highest physical demands of this position are incurred while transferring a client requiring maximal assist of one or more persons. Loads lifted or forces exerted up to 70 pounds for client weighing up to 220 pounds in height range of 15-36 inches. Adequate vision and hearing to carry out assigned duties.
Lane Construction offers a comprehensive benefits package with an excellent opportunity to grow and be part of one of the most respected names in the construction industry. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.