At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.What you will be responsible for:
Using discretion and judgment, drives solutions for the investments teams by analyzing processes and leveraging technology. Significant areas of focus include portfolio management, trading, and investment compliance. Leads effort throughout the software development lifecycle. Responsible for ensuring that standards are established and adhered to throughout a project. Serves as a primary contact with customer base for a diverse set of systems and trading and portfolio management functional areas. May lead multiple teams and projects simultaneously. Acts as technical leader and mentor for the organization.
- Drives technology projects through to completion implementing OTS and MFS proprietary solutions. Interprets business requirements, analyzes environment, maps requirements to design, engineers, debugs, unit tests programs to deliver final product. Works with business analysts and user community to understand and evaluate business needs. Analyzes these needs and identifies the appropriate technologies to design an optimal solution.
- Responsible for technical business process creation and improvements. Examines workflow and recommends ways to increase efficiency or effectiveness. Helps to standardize processes across projects.
- Manages assigned personnel, which may be working remotely or offshore; makes decisions regarding employment, training and development. Conducts performance appraisals and reviews for assigned personnel.
- Directs resources in their participation in projects; monitors assignments and makes recommendations regarding training, development, and technology implementations for areas of responsibility.
- Provides escalation support and guidance to MFS investment support team across the trading markets. Troubleshoots systems, software, and production problems and provides new solutions designed to maximize system reliability and adherence to SLAs.
- Keeps technical skills current; well-versed in several areas of technology. Evaluates new products and recommends those that are appropriate for current or future working environment. Meets with vendors and evaluates products as appropriate. Able to guide and advise junior colleagues through technical issues.
- Utilizes industry expertise across investment asset classes to deliver enterprise grade solutions in areas of portfolio management, trading and investment compliance.
- Helps develop and manage technology from the business unit perspective in partnership with IT to provide best solutions for MFS. Provides input to budget planning process. Recommends cost saving solutions where appropriate.
- B.S/M.S in Computer Science or equivalent experience. Proven ability to organize, plan, manage/deliver projects with a geographically dispersed team.
- Minimum 8 to 12+ years of experience with multi asset-class OMS / EMS systems such as CRD, Bloomberg EMSX.
- Experience with research and portfolio analytics systems a plus.
- Minimum 8 to 12+ years of experience with object oriented software development and enterprise architecture design patterns.
- Strong knowledge of the following technologies: C# .NET framework 4.8/Core, Java, Python, Tableu/SSRS, and third-party UI components such as Infragistics or DevExpress.
- Strong knowledge of databases (Oracle and SQL Server preferred), SQL query language or PL/SQL programming.
- Experience integrating with third-party systems either hosted and on-premises.
- Proven success in building cross functional teams to successfully deliver on complex initiatives.
- Strong understanding software development best practices including software design patterns, unit testing, code metrics, and secure coding.
- Experience working in a continuous integration environment, i.e., automated builds, code scanning, automated deployments.
At MFS, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply - you might be just the right candidate for this role or others.What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment (remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision, linked for your reference.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Click here to view the EEO is the Law poster and supplement.