At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.What you will be responsible for:
In conjunction with the Investment Data Management Office, the Lead Data Engineer contributes to a long-term strategic initiative to unify and harmonize our investment data. This initiative enables enhanced investment decision making, risk management and client reporting for our multi-asset platform by delivering consistent, timely, accurate and user-friendly data to investors, risk teams and clients.
Are you a hands-on and detailed-oriented individual working on the cutting edge of financial instruments, investment data, and analytics? Are you interested in investment data strategies across a wide variety of traditional and alternative asset classes? Are you a leader who enjoys devising innovative and flexible data quality solutions to meet emerging business needs?
The MFS Investment Data Management Office is actively searching for a Lead Data Validation Engineer to implement data quality and data validation solutions. Primary responsibilities include full implementation and maintenance of data validation tool to maintain data quality of the unified data platform. We are looking for someone who thrives in an agile, collaborative, team-based environment, working closely with technology peers across MFS, investment professionals and key vendor partners. This position offers the opportunity to shape the future of investment data at MFS.
* Leads a design, develop, and implement data validation tool to maintain data quality of the unified data platform for the Investment Data Management Office (IDMO)
* Leads and participate in all data quality activities, develop and implement solutions to meet business requirements to maintain high quality data
* Provides leadership, guidance, and support on the execution of data validation automation and related tools.
* Responsible for new and on-going development of data quality, validation and lineage of the investment data being sourced from both internal and external sources
* Drive continuous improvement of data quality, resiliency, control, efficiency, and monitoring
* Troubleshooting complex system interactions to find the root cause to problems
* Partner with platform lead and product owner to design, develop, implement and deploy new data validation components
* Upgrade and integrate data validation tool and related components with the unified data platform to implement data observability and data quality capabilities.
* Provide support during unexpected outages
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related disciplines.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in design, development and building data validation and data observability tools.
* Deep understanding of Agile SDLC, DevOps and Cloud technologies required, in addition to exposure to multiple, diverse technologies, platforms, and processing environments.
* Experience in data validation, data governance, data catalog and data analytics principles. Knowledge of and experience with Snowflake and other cloud native databases is highly preferred.
* Experience with building solutions in the financial services domain with an understanding of financial instruments, transactions, and positions, is desired.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to lead cross-team collaboration and partnerships across a variety of internal and external constituencies.
Not sure you meet 100% of our job requirements? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background.
At MFS, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply - you might be just the right candidate for this role or others.What we offer:
MFS is a hybrid work environment (remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision, linked for your reference.