To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs A Variety Of Radiologic Procedures At A Technical Level; Assumes Responsibility For Designated Areas Or Procedures As Required. Produces Quality Films And Performs A Variety Of Duties Pertaining To Mammography. Maintains Mammography Quality Control And Oversees Mammography Quality.
- 1. Obtains And Assesses Patient'S Pertinent Clinical Information
- 2. Positions Patients To Obtain Quality Images, (Low Technical Call Back Rate)
- 3. Sets Proper Technique To Ensure Quality Images.
- 4. Consistently Produces Diagnostic Quality Radiographs By Using Proper Technical Factors And Patient Positioning.
- 5. Develops Films To Meet Mqsa/Acr Quality Control Standards(I.E Correct Marker Placement, Pt Identification)
- 6. Facilitates Efficient Patient Flow.
- 7. Completes, In Accurate And Timely Manner All Patient Documentation(I.E. Exam Charging, Patient Insurance, Privacy Documentation
- 8. Assists Radiologists With Needle Localization Procedures
- 9. Maintains And Is Responsible For All Aspects Of Quality Assurance/Quality Control (Mqsa)
- 10. Coordinates With The Operating Room On Breast Specimens
- 11. Performs And Assists In Stereotactic Exams (If Applicable)
- 12. Safely Operates All Mammography Equipment
- 13. Follows All Procedures On Safe Patient Interactions And Body Mechanics
- 14. Adheres To All Safety Procedures For Blood Born Pathogens
- 15. Works With Staff In Ambulatory Care Center Off Sites To Maintain Proper Working Relationships
- 16. Is Responsible For Keeping Current On New Methods And Procedures
- 17. Utilized Critical Thinking Skills To Solve Daily Problems
- 18. Must Be Mentally Flexible When Dealing With Coworkers,Radiologists And Change
- 19. Maintains A Minimum Of 15 Ceus Every Three Years, 200 Exams Every Two Years And Necessary Vaccines/Immunizations And Mandatory In-Services
- 20. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 21. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
Must Be A High School Graduate Or Have A Ged. A Graduate Of An Accredited Radiography Program With At Least Six Months Hands On Experience In Mammography Required.
Has Satisfactory Completed A Formal Radiological Technology Training In An Ama Approved School And Meets Requirements For Registry By The Arrt. Previous Experience In Mammography And Bone Density Preferred.
Must Have A Current State Of Connecticut License In Radiologic Technology. Must Maintain Cme Standards. BLS Required.
Mammography Certification Required Within 18 Months Of Hire.